Organisers of the Nationwide Equine Well being Survey (NEHS) – the one one that appears on the normal well being of UK equines – are interesting for one closing push to maximise 2018 knowledge assortment.
Greater than 5,200 folks took half within the earlier survey, returning data for 15,433 animals to benchmark the final well being of horses, ponies, donkeys and mules within the UK.
Full in 15 minutes
The survey closes at 9am on Monday 28 Might, and organisers – Blue Cross, supported by BEVA – are hoping they’ll surpass their 2017 participant figures to offer probably the most detailed and correct knowledge but.
Separate surveys can be found for horse/ponies and donkey/mules, and will take roughly 15 minutes to finish.
Key factors from the 2017 NEHS included:
- 5,235 folks took half (5,635 in 2016) and returned data for 15,433 horses (16,751 in 2016).
- 59% of horses had been wholesome (that’s, had no well being issues recorded) and four% of horses had a number of well being issues recorded, in comparison with 62% and 38%, respectively, in 2016.
- Essentially the most frequent normal illness syndrome recorded was pores and skin illness, accounting for a 3rd of all issues reported.
- The highest 5 broad classes of illness syndromes recorded had been pores and skin issues (31% of all syndromes recorded), lameness together with laminitis (23%), metabolic ailments (eight.1%), eye issues (7.6%) and gastrointestinal ailments (7.5%).
- The highest 5 particular person illness syndromes recorded had been proximal limb (non-foot) lameness (11.7% of all syndromes recorded), laminitis (6.5%), mud fever (6.1%), candy itch (6.1%), and pituitary pars intermedia disfunction (equine Cushing’s illness; 6%).
- Ailments of the foot – excluding laminitis – accounted for 22% of all lameness (31.9% in 2016) and 5.1% of all syndromes reported (10.5% in 2016).
To finish the survey, go to the Blue Cross web site.