Following spectacular registration numbers and suggestions in 2017, the BVNA and British Veterinary Dental Affiliation (BVDA) Oral Care Nurse (OCN) coaching course is again, ready to show hard-working RVNs into dentistry superstars.
Supported by each vettimes.co.uk’s sister publication VN Occasions and Mars Petcare, the web OCN course – which earns individuals 9 hours of CPD – goals to supply VNs with the information and abilities to:
- ship efficient oral care clinics
- drive consciousness of oral well being
- establish pets in want of oral care consideration
What it is advisable to do
To attain the certificates, obtain a flowery badge (proper) and formally develop into an OCN – as achieved by 1,089 nurses already – candidates want to finish three modules, which embrace a sequence of webinars, tutorial movies, quick duties and a multiple-choice query evaluation.
A minimal of 70% is required within the closing evaluation, in addition to completion of all of the quick duties. As a bonus, these reaching greater than 80% (and finishing the duties) can have the prospect to attend a free additional day of CPD on the Waltham Centre for Pet Diet later this yr, which is able to embrace devoted BVDA lectures, a VIP-guided tour, and the formal certificates and badge presentation.
Public relations officer for the BVDA, Gerhard Putter – who can be a complicated practitioner in dentistry (his speak eventually yr’s Waltham Centre days was a spotlight of mine) – stated the affiliation had been moved by the course’s reputation, which, in truth, noticed us having to droop registration and create a ready record.
He stated: “The BVDA has been very excited by the response of RVNs and the keenness to get entangled in oral care, and selling higher dentistry inside practices. The BVDA has all the time recognised the position nurses can, and will, play on this area as an essential element in veterinary well being care.”
RVN Donna Buzzeo has labored with Mr Putter for 16 years and referred to as the response “excellent”.
“I by no means thought, once we sat right down to plan and create the course, it will show so in style, and that we might create a small military of OCNs selling higher dentistry and oral well being for our sufferers,” she stated.
“Congratulations to all of you who accomplished it and an enormous thanks to all of you who offered us with suggestions – this helped us enhance the course additional. For instance, an additional module has been added on instrument identification and upkeep, and we will probably be emailing particulars to all current OCNs – giving them an possibility to finish the brand new module and obtain one other hour of CPD1.”
Vet communications supervisor for Mars Petcare Jane Bingham stated: “As a VN working for Mars, it’s fantastic being a part of this programme and giving again to the occupation I really like. It’s actually thrilling to see such enthusiasm from nurses in serving to pets have comfy mouths, and the extra nurses that participate the extra pets throughout the nation we are able to attain. It’s sensible.”
Fascinated by it? After all you might be. Plus, 1,179 nurses are already ready to enroll (don’t fear, we’re higher ready this yr, so no plans to chop registration quick).
For these fascinated about collaborating, see the next particulars:
- Delegates can work by means of the course at their very own tempo, which will probably be obtainable between 1 March and 31 July. The course have to be accomplished by the latter date.
- Join is through the BVNA web site, particular particulars of which will probably be despatched out previous to the course opening on 1 March. Preserve a verify on the BVNA’s web site and www.vettimes.co.uk for extra info.
- The price of the course is £10 for BVNA/BVDA nurse members and £30 for non-members.
- The course counts for 9 hours of CPD (on-line), in addition to further hours if attending the Waltham day.
- For extra info, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01279 408 644.
1. A further module will probably be accessible as soon as the course is launched on 1 March. Value is £10 for each members and non-members of the BVNA or BVDA.